Making a difference in the gulf, from here in Westminster
When I heard about the oil spill in the gulf, I was shocked and surprised at the immense impact on the wildlife that BP caused. All of these helpless animals were being affected; but no animals should have to suffer from a careless mistake by people. Unlike the animals, we aren’t helpless. So, I decided to help. My mom and I contacted NWF (National Wildlife Federation) and they suggested that right now the best way to help is by donations, so they can fund all the workers helping to clean the animals.
So, we decided the best way to help is for me to paint, which I love to do, and sell lemonade. People can help support my efforts by coming to Vincent’s Country Store on Saturday, July 10 between 9am-2pm, and buying one (or two) of my paintings and/or some lemonade. We gladly accept any amount of a donation.
I have been painting with oils since the end of the school year, and I am going into the sixth grade. I have been painting for fun all of my life. I don’t use anything besides oil paints, but in the future I could try acrylic paints. Besides painting, I enjoy playing with my Labrador puppy mix, Bear, and swimming.
I know the donations are going to the right place because my mom and I are actually going to sit down and send them directly to the National Wildlife Federation for BP oil spill restoration fund. Here are some ways you, too, can help:
• Donate online @ www.nwf.org/oilspill
• Make a leadership gift
• Text Wildlife @ 20222 to donate $10.00
• Call 1-800-822-9919
• Mail Donations to National Wildlife Federation, 11100 Wildlife Center Dr.
Reston, Va. 20190-5362. (Make sure to specify all donations to BP oil spill restoration fund)
Thank You in advance for all your support!
|< Prev||Next >|
Boston Red Sox news
- Marcia Sharkey, Lead Nurse for AWRSD, shares her personal story of triumph over tragedy
- Adam Shenk gives room redo ideas for kids on a budget
- Wheels for the World collects used crutches, walkers and more
- Volunteers needed to play with children in homeless shelters
- Overlook students walk for peace to honor Tracy Mei and The Garden of Peace in Boston
- On Angels' Wings, Rays of Hope and Oakmont Cheerleaders in Gardner Relay for Life
- Westminster family gets much needed accessible addition to their home
- Quinn Tremblay writes about the joys of coaching
- Dan Farrell 3 on 3 Basketball 2010 Tournament Winners
- A great 2-hour hike on the Midstate Trail in Westminster
- Oakmont Outlaws Girls Win Nashoba Cup Championship
- Volunteers needed with Horizons for Homeless Children
- Horseplay with the 4H Flying Horses--Fun and Learning for all ages
- Christmas in July from the Leominster Veterans Center
- Westminster Habitat for Humanity seeks volunteers
- Oakmont Travelers 3 on 3 Tournament results
- Pets Helping Neighbors Cutest Pet Photo Contest winners and slideshow of all contestants
- Dr. Marshall Horwitz writes about a recent dental mission trip to Mongolia
- Habitat for Humanity Gets Word Out About Local Project in Westminster
- Yankee Street Fair annual community donation to benefit the Forbush Memorial Library
- Annual Yankee Street Fair is Saturday, August 28--don't miss it
- Westminster Cooks: Cooking for families during tough times
- Issue #28 Newsletter highlighting our main stories this week
- Interested in helping on the Westminster Habitat for Humanity project? Start here...
- Habitat for Humanity's House of Cards--Gift Cards, That Is!
- Education Foundation 'A Night at the Museum' with great food, entertainment and over 30 silent auction prizes
- Westminster Community Food Pantry going strong
- Tonight! Education Foundation 'A Night at the Museum' with great food, entertainment and over 50 silent auction prizes
- Wachusett Animal Hospital Seeks Blood Donors: How you and your pet can help save lives
- Habitat for Humanity encourages holiday donation of $91.66 to buy 'One Square Foot at a Time" on Westminster project
- Goods, Services and Talents Auction to benefit Oakmont Booster Club
- Oakmont Lacrosse dinner dance raises $6,000
- Part of the solution during economic uncertainty: Angel Food Ministries
- Sweetheart Social: A fun night for dads and daughters that will benefit local Relay for Life teams
- Booster Club Goods and Services Auction and event Friday night
- Angler Restaurant to host benefit for Neighbors Helping Neighbors on Sunday, April 3
Boston Bruins news
New England Patriots news